Saturday, April 4, 2009

Gardening helps to mark time



We're working on our third summer here, my husband and I, and it's funny that during the first year of planting... I honestly thought that I would remember the following year what and where I had planted everything. Hilarious. Oh how I wished during summer #2 that I had taken the time to make detailed and dated notes and had taken more pictures. But summer #2 was hectic (and really a terrible time in my life) and was mostly left undocumented and untended. This year, I'm hoping to string together the notes and photos and ideas and plans to show our progress (and failures). Hopefully, this will keep us on task and motivated.

Tasks: Started tomato seeds today.









Notes: We had a lot of success last year with starting tomato seeds. The seeds were saved from the biggest tomato we have ever seen that we bought from an Amish couple who had a stand set up by their buggy at the Limerick corners. The other seeds were from an heirloom Brandywine that was bought at a farmer's market. Anyway, we ended up with A LOT of plants last year and they all produced well. I saved the seeds from these, but mixed them up in the process...so we have lots of tomato babies that are either Amish Beefsteak or Brandywine. Both are delicious, so I guess it doesn't matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment