Friday, May 22, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend!

I've taken Friday through Wednesday off from work to create a super long weekend. Yeah. I did absolutely nothing today garden-wise except for water a little and make a very long list of things to do. I'm greatful for the nothing day, but feel guilty too. Such is life.

I've been taking photos all along of blooming this and that and am resisting the urge to write the backdated entries now. I figure that I'll never get caught up that way. So today's post is really today's post.

Here's my list of things to do that I made earlier in between taking a nap and drinking a beer:

1) heel in Arbor Day shrubs (mounds in veg garden? don't forget to plant w/ fert. tablets)
a. plant annuals around pole and side
b. pot up 'Fireball' Monarda and bring inside for a while
2) list all plant and seeds I have ready to plant
3) sketch designs of gardens:
a. back veg. garden.
b. side veg. garden
4) list needed plants
a. 4 replacement bushes for failed azaleas
b. 3-5 or more Purple Heucheras (any box store)
c. raspberry daylillies (order)
5) use Bluestone credit
6) email Dick about rock
7) transplant Lamium w/ yellow to back Island
8) start new Lamium/coreopsis from cuttings
9) transplant dogwood suckers to hanson's back border (a lot of them)
10)weed and fill in the butterfly garden
11) more dirt on Clematis and something to plant in front of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment